To the beach we must gooooo!!! That’s basically how I start each beach vacay! Each year Dane and I try to plan at least one get away just the two of us & its always to the beach. We each feel super relaxed and at home at the beach. So a beach trip is always a MUST!
A little about our resort:
Since this past year has been absolutely insane, we took the opportunity to get away to Cancun, Mexico for a week! We stayed at Dreams Vista Cancun Golf & Spa Resort. We really enjoyed this resort and all it had to offer for the price. It was on the cheaper, more reasonable side for all inclusive and we feel that it showed. BUT we still managed to have a great time! There are sooo many all inclusive resorts in Cancun so I wouldn’t limit yourself to just trying the ones we’ve been too! We’ve also stayed at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa and Reflect Cancun & Spa. Our favorite probably being Reflect because of how amazing the beach and swim up pools were!
Now onto my beach must have’s:
- I always, always bring books with me to read at the beach. I read two books the week we were there: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Both were fantastic and I couldn’t put them down- Dane can attest to this LOL! I will say The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was suprisenly my favorite of the two. Where the Crawdads Sing was difficult to get into, I had to get past page 70 before I really couldn’t put it down. I would say this one is more of a beach read but I do love a good thriller that keeps me reading until the last page like The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo!
- Sunscreen. Need I say more?! I used my Young Living Mineral Sunscreen the entire week! I used SPF 10 while Dane used SPF 50. LOVE that it’s an all natural sunscreen free of harsh chemicals. It protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays, keeps you worry free for up to 80 minutes of protection with water and sweat resistance, and is non greasy (a big must have for me) so it won’t leave behind any white residue. I love how lightweight it was and left my skin feeling super soft! Hands down my favorite beach trip must have!
- Two other Young Living products I could not live without this trip were my Lavaderm Cooling Mist and Lavaderm After Sun Spray. I sprayed the Cooling Mist on my skin after a long day in the sun to help keep my skin moisturized and healthy. While my Lavaderm After Sun Spray does exactly like it sounds, helps when you sit in the sun a little too long (perfect for the person who gets super red after being the sun). It offers temporary relief from pain and itching of burns, minor cuts, SUNBURNS, scrapes, insect bites, and minor skin irritations. You can find more info on Young Living here!
- Next is always a cute yet, comfortable swimmy. I have found some pretty high quality ones from Aerie & wore them the entire trip!
- As you all know, I am a firm believer in being comfortable HA! I always pack new cute outfits but I packed a few comfy, casual lay around outfits too. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing this! It made my trip so much more better knowing that after a day in the sun I had a comfy outfit to put on before we went down for dinner. I brought with some sweatpants shorts (yes that’s a real thing, I wore these!) and a simple tank. SO COMFY!!
Whether you’re taking beach trip this summer or next, I always recommend these 5 things! I hope this helps & TO THE BEACH WE GO!!