Life has slowed down so much since the start of this “stay at home” order and sometimes it’s hard to find ‘joy’ in our day. Today, I am finding joy in the long walk I took with my boyfriend Dane in an outfit I’ve never worn.
I want to focus on the positive and share some simple ways to add joy to your day!
25 ways to add joy to your day:
- Long walks around the neighborhood.
- Diffuse your favorite essential oils.
- Wake up early & do a short yoga class.
- Make a whipped coffee drink.
- Try out a new recipe – I’m going to try making banana bread!
- Video call with friends & family.
- Write yourself a thank you note.
- Try a new workout video.
- Have an at home spa day filled with bubble baths & lavender essential oil.
- Buy a new pair of shoes – this one is my fav!
- Send flowers to a loved one.
- Clean out your closet & filling up a box to donate.
- Draw for fun in a coloring book.
- Create a list of 10 things you love about your significant other/ partner.
- Dance to your favorite song.
- Find a nice patch of grass & have a picnic.
- Write a letter to your grandparents.
- Find a piece of jewelry you haven’t worn in awhile & put it on.
- Bake something that will make your whole house smells good.
- Start planning your next vacation.
- Start a new hobby.
- Write down your thoughts in a journal.
- Dress up for date night at home.
- Wake up a little earlier & cook a gourmet breakfast – quiche or cinnamon rolls, anyone?
If you have any more ideas on how to stay positive, I’d love to hear them in the comments! XO